Owning quality, custom made hats is a joy. Caring for them is easy. Historical collections of hats attest to their longevity, so here are some tips to preserve your fashion investment.
Daily Use Facts:
- The best way to put on and take off a hat is by the brim, not the crown
- If you take your hat off, rest it on its crown. Storing on the brim can flatten and distort its shape.
- Avoid leaving your hat in the car particularly if it’s hot
- If your hat gets wet, allow it to dry on a supported surface that prevents the crown or brim from bearing weight. Ideally, placing the hat on a mannequin or I’ve rolled up a bath towel and set the hat on it like a paper towel roll.
- If you expect rain carry a plastic bag for your hat or buy a shower cap large enough to fit over the hat. Look at beauty supply stores.
- If your hat gets a little dirt or dust on it use a small brush to dislodge dirt.
- Invest in a hat box for longterm storage if not provided with your purchase.
- Add cedar balls to your hat box to prevent moths